Knee pain is one of the most hellish things any fitness enthusiast can tackle. I am well acquainted with both knee pain and back pain in large part due to my time as a machine gunner in the Marine Corps. Nothing will give you knee and back pain like lugging 100+ pounds of gear in a 110-degree Iraqi desert.
Now I don’t need to tell you that I’m not a doctor and if you are experiencing nagging knee pain, you should consult your doctor for professional advice. But it should be said for all the runners out there that the running shoes you wear can be a significant difference maker. If you want to run the long run, you need to invest in the right pair of running shoes.
The repeated stress on your joints is worse if you carry a lot of weight, wear worn out running shoes, and run mostly on pavement. Yes, running on pavement is a concern if you plan on running regularly. We were designed to run mostly on dirt and sand. Although you might not feel the difference, the difference is what happens over a long period.
Now that’s not to damn you if you are running on pavement, it is just to say that you need to be very concerned about the running shoes you choose and how often you invest in new ones. The main thing that should concern you is cushioning. Pavement or not, running shoes that cushion your feet beating the ground is what can help keep your joints healthy in the long run.
With all that said here are the five best running shoes for women for taking care of your knees.
Saucony Women’s Hurricane ISO 2 Road Running Shoes
- Designed to bring cushioning closer to the foot
- Delivers continuous cushioning with extra layers. Cushioning at sockliner, structural board, and midsole. Then an additional layer of cushioning in the heel pad
- Has ISOFIT upper with inner sleeve and support cage
- TRI-FLEX outsole
ASICS Women’s GEL-Kayano 22 Running Shoes
- Has rearfoot and forefoot GEL cushioning systems to minimize shock
- Has Impact Guidance System (IGS). Components to enhance your natural heel to toe gait, improving stability
- Exceptional durability
- Mesh overlays for great breathability
- Removable insole
Saucony Women’s Stabil CS3 Running Shoes
- Well fitted for the overpronation
- PowerGrid midsole cushioning
- Support frame heel counter to provide stability to your natural gait
- Features Sauc-fit midfoot system, HydraMAX collar lignin, and ComforLite sockliner
Brooks Women’s Adrenaline GTS 19 Running Shoes
- DNA LOFT crash pad and BioMoGo DNA cushioning provide superb cushioning without losing responsiveness or durability
- GuideRails Holistic Support system helps keep you moving naturally to protect your knees. Helps prevent excess movement in line
- Caters to flat to medium arch
- Suited for road, treadmill, and long-distance runs
ASICS Women’s GEL-Venture 5 Running Shoes
- GEL Cushioning System provides superb comfort
- Multi-surface traction allows for running on any surface
- High abrasion rubber gives exceptional durability
- A fan favorite because of its use for most runners
If you found this post useful, you might want to save this pin below to your running or fitness board to check the post later when new updates are announced.